Valid as of 30-Mar-2023.
Users will be notified at least 5 working days prior to any changes.
This document provides you with an overview of the data we collect, use, and share. We take your privacy very seriously and only collect the minimum required so that you can use the application within the laws of New Zealand. This app has been created by New Zealanders for New Zealanders. It can only be used within New Zealand and must comply to all New Zealand Rules and Regualtions. It is not intended or allowed that this app is used outside the borders of New Zealand.
To use this application you need to logon. Your logon details include username, email, and mobile phonenumber. If you wish to make or receive payments in the app you will have to provide identifying information about yourself to do so, such as passport or driving licence and your address. This information is securely stored in cloud based storage by a well known third party provider using the highest level of security. As part of protecting your information, we make sure that;
- All information is encrypted securely as it passes across the net.
- All third party storage is of the highest industry standards, complying with international standards for privacy and data protection.
- All employees, service providers, and third parties only have access to the minimum information requried to effectively perform their duties and responsibilities.
- Train all employees to act responsibily when handling personal information.
- Log all potential privacy and breaches of security.
- Allow users of this app full rights to view and download all data pertaining to their account.
- Allow users to remove personal information that is associated with them alone.
We read your contacts which are used within the application to aid with connecting and making payments to those people you know. Your contacts are not stored by us. If those contacts choose to be part of PhoneMe they become users in their own right. Transactions between parties are stored.
When you register the application a unique id is created by Google (for Android) or APS (Apple) that allows your mobile to receive notifications. Notifications use the standard mechanism defined under the terms and conditions of these providers.
We recognize that you own your personal information and want to be as transparent as possible. We also value and respect any information from you and any information that comes from your interaction with this app.
We must, however, act within the laws of NZ and that means we must fulfill the anti-money laundering requirements listed by the Department of Internal Affairs AML-CFT-Legislation. To fulfill the requirements PhoneMe.Money is required to keep all identifying information and all transactional information. It may also be expected under law to pass on identifying information or transactional details to authorities. Be aware we take this very seriously but must comply to these laws.
For a better experience, while using our Service, you can provide us with certain personally identifiable information. On sign-up we collect username, email, and mobile phonenumber. While you are using the application we keep a record of transactions. Transaction records are required to be kept by law as part of the Anti-money laundering requirements. You may add images, notes, and ratings - all of this is stored securely in a third-party cloud based service.
The app does use third party services that may collect information about errors, crashes, and faults with the app. This collects anonymised data to allow us to create a better service.
If any third party services are used this is for the either the purpose of accessing services for you to use this app (signon and signup, notifications) or for reporting to us errors within the application (crash reporting). We do not collect information for advertising or to pass to any third party organisations. You can be rest assured that your information is collected only for the purpose of using this app.
Personal information is data that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. At PhoneMe.Money, we collect personal information that is necessary to provide you with our services. That primarily includes data we collect because it is mandated by law — such as when we must comply with anti money laundering laws — or to verify your identity and protect you from potential fraudulent activity. We may also collect your data to enable certain services, improve our products, and keep you notified of new developments (based on your preferences). We may collect the following types of information:
- Personal Identification Information: Full legal name, date of birth, age, nationality, gender, signature, utility bills, photographs, phone number, home address, and/or email.
- Financial Information: Bank account information, transaction history, and/or tax identification for merchants.
- Transaction Information: Information about the transactions you make on our Services, such as the name of the recipient, your name, the amount, and/or timestamp.
- Formal Identification Information: Government issued identity document such as Passport, Driver's License, National Identity Card, State ID Card, Tax ID number, passport number, driver's license details, national identity card details, visa information, and/or any other information deemed necessary to comply with our legal obligations under financial or anti-money laundering laws.
You can choose to deactivate and delete your account at any point. This will delete your account, removing your name, profile information and email from our service, and all non transactional information such as favourites, accounts, settings, and tasks.
Your transactions with other users will remain but your identity is removed.
You can deactivate and delete your account from the profile page of the signin website
Personal Identification Information and Formal Identification Information collected due to NZ AML legislation must be retained by NZ law. The information will be retained for the regulated period (7 years), after which it is deleted.Log Data
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.Security
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.What does PhoneMe.Money do with my information?
We collect necessary information to allow our customers to use our products and services. This primarily includes data collection that is mandated by law—such as when we must comply with anti money laundering laws, or to verify your identity and protect you from potential fraudulent activity. We may also collect your data to enable certain services, improve our products, and keep you notified of new developments (based on your preferences). We do not, and will not, sell your data to third parties without your consent.Links to Other Sites
This policy is effective as of 2021-05-01Contact Us